- About Us
- Areas of Study
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Flexible Learning Schedule
- Keep Your Career On Track
- Interactive Virtual Experience
- Eliminate the Commute
- Top Ranked Programs
- World-Renowned Faculty
- Same Degrees as On-Campus
- Career Development
Welcome to Engineering at Illinois Online!
Whether you are interested in earning your graduate Engineering degree online, taking individual online graduate courses, or participating in noncredit short courses, Engineering at Illinois will help you invest in yourself and in your future.
Facts + Figures
Engineering at Illinois Graduate Rankings
US News & World Report 2013
- #5 Overall Graduate Engineering Programs
- #1 Civil Engineering
- #5 Computer Science
- #3 Electrical / Electronic / Communications Engineering
- #3 Environmental / Environmental Health Engineering
- #4 Materials Engineering
- #7 Mechanical Engineering
Engineering Online: Quick Facts
- 14+ Year History of Delivering Online Engineering Education (1998)
- 3 Complete Master’s Degree Programs
- 14 Specialized Certificates
- More than 80 Unique Courses
- Same degrees, same courses, same faculty as on-campus
- Robust technologies deliver an interactive experience
- Asynchronous and synchronous delivery
Online access to campus resources
Student + Alumni Testimonials
"I decided to pursue an online education because I considered it to be the best alternative for working professionals that would like to further their education while maintaining an active professional career. Engineering Online at Illinois provides an accessible world-class education that will provide immediate impacts on your engineering skills sets."
Brian Castro, Civil Engineering
Illinois Dept. of Transportation
"I was very happy to find that the U of I is one of the few online computer science programs delivered by a top 5—arguably top 3 institution—and that was what really sold me on Illinois. The opportunity to get an online education without making a compromise in terms of the quality of the education."
Jim O'Neill, Computer Science 2012
How it Works
Our sophisticated online learning platform is designed to create an accessible and interactive learning environment.